A TIKO Foundation provides funding towards an applicant's tuition and accommodation expenses for the duration of his or her academic course.
A TIKO Foundation grant provides funding towards:
- Higher education tuition fees
- Accommodation costs
A TIKO Foundation grant will NOT provide:
- Funding for a postgraduate degree (i.e. MA or PhD), employment training programmes, internships or a first degree already started
- Any other expenses other than course fees and accommodation
- Funding for fees already incurred throughout a degree
- Funding towards anyone who does not meet ALL TIKO Foundation's eligibility criteria
To be eligible, an applicant needs to:
- Be resident in the UK
- An asylum seeker or have limited leave and not be entitled to Student Finance
- Wanting to study at college or university for the first time
- In receipt of an offer from at least one high ranking university
- From a low income background
- Be academically talented
- Able to demonstrate leadership qualities
- Able to demonstrate an intention to improve his or her life through higher education
- Able to demonstrate an intention to be of service to the community following higher education
Unfortunately, we are unable to support young people who have exhausted their immigration appeals and are unlikely to remain in the UK to complete their education.
Eligibility will initially be checked through an application form and supporting documents in the initial stages of the process and furthermore through in person interviews should one be shortlisted for a grant.
If you do not meet all this criteria, we regret that we cannot fund you at this time. Please refer to the database http://www.turn2us.org.uk/ where you may be able to find an alternative grant. You can find other useful resources in our Resources tab.
Outcomes and Impact:
Trustees expect that a grant will bring about expected outcomes (changes / benefits / learning) and impact (the broader or longer term effects of expected outcomes). An applicant will need to demonstrate what outcomes and impact he or she expects to achieve throughout the application process and commit to acheiving these outcomes and impact throughout the duration of their grant.
We endeavour to provide mentoring which will help a successful applicant achieve his or her expected outcomes and impact. We agree this when an applicant is successful in receiving a grant. Where we cannot provide this in house, we offer opportunities for referral or self-referral to a number of partner agencies. These are listed in our Resources tab.
Conditions of Grant:
On receiving a grant, an applicant will need to commit to certain conditions. These include:
- Earning an average 2:1 in any given year of study
- Monitoring and evaluation progress
- Being an ambassador for TIKO Foundation
We ask that you apply through our website’s Apply page. This involves being familiar with our Grant Guidance Document and submitting a completed Application Form and Financial Eligibility Checker to us before the advertised deadline. If, for any reason, you are unable to apply through our website, please talk to our Grant Manager who will be able to make alternative arrangements for you.
Not eligible for one of our grants? Need some extra advice on financial and other options available to you? Click here to find out more.